Baltimore Gun Club have unleashed Innerspace into the musical stratosphere. It’s a cracker. In fact, these guys are on a bit of a roll. First, they succesfully crowd-funded the album’s release, then they launched an incredible video for first single Apollo, which came to the attention of RAGE programmers.
And pretty soon, you’ll be able to score the album on vinyl – quite the achievement for a humble Gold Coast rock outfit.
Innerspace was recorded in the Darling Downs in November of last year over a four-day period, and the band have been mixing the album progressively in the nine months preceding its release.
Having to juggle personal lives in the midst of crafting their passion, the band told Blank that they wanted to be sure that their first entry on their Wikipedia page discography was a full-length rather than an EP.
Tomorrow they’ll launch Innerspace at The Zoo. It’s a challenging time to be running a gig in Brisbane, right at the end of Bigsound, so we asked frontman Psymon to tell us five reasons why you should make the trek to Brisbane for their show.
1. It’s the launch of our debut full-length album, Innerspace!!!!!!
2. We’re playing The Zoo …it’s a f#cking institution!
3. The line up is amazing. As well as us, there’s Ghost Audio , Lunar Seasons and Skin & Bones
4. It’s all local, all independent – the true Bigsound tongue emoticon
5. Every moment in our musical lives have led us to this moment
6. I have trouble counting
_ _ _ _
Friday 11 September: Baltimore Gun Club + Ghost Audio + Lunar Seasons + Skin & Bones | The Zoo, Brisbane. Tickets $12 on the door, which opens at 8.00pm