Under duress from his terrifying German therapist to ‘express himself’, Lionel inadvertently finds himself in a cabaret, drawing on limited knowledge but formidable Wikipedia skills to hilariously stumble his way through his hour on stage.
After covering sex, booze, boys and mythical beasts, he finds that maybe he’s not so bad at expressing himself after all.
Dash Kruck is one of Queensland’s favourite actors, a familiar face around Brisbane’s theatre scene – and he’s also the star of this production – I Might Take My Shirt Off – which comes to the Gold Coast for one night as part of Glitter.
One reviewer said of the show… “this is an actor who can sing beautifully, enchantingly, write some clever lyrics and demonstrate his accolade of experience on the stage. What is also impressive is his ability to communicate to his audience what it is really like to be gay and to what capacity the GLBT community can go to feel true love.”
Glitter Festival is the Gold Coast’s first ever celebration of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, A-sexual, Pansexual + community, which will run 28 September to 5 October.
From comedy to cabaret, visual arts and long lunches, motion pictures and family; Glitter is an inclusive festival that demonstrates the city’s coming of age and showcases our readiness to be proud and sophisticated in our creative aspirations.
Also on our radar at Glitter:
- Liza (on an E) – Trevor Ashley channels the iconic Liza Minelli in a show stopping power packed cabaret performance. Trevor is starring in the current national tour of Les Miserables | Friday 2 October
- Joel Creasey – Australian comedian now in popular demand following his TV appearance in I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Joel returns to the Gold Coast to entertain fans with his intelligent observations and pop-culture expertise | Saturday 3 October
- Carlotta: life’s still a drag – an an outrageously funny journey and a brutally honest look at the ruthless entertainment industry | Saturday 3 October at 7.00pm.
- Glitter Fair Day – the biggest ‘family’ reunion of its kind | Sunday 4 October
- Pop-up Pictures – launching at the Glitter Festival Fair Day with the screening of The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert | Sunday 4 October
_ _ _ _
I Might Take My Shirt Off is at The Arts Centre Gold Coast on Friday 2 October from 8.30pm and tickets are $28.00. More about that, and all Glitter events can be found at theartscentregc.com.au/glitter