The school holidays are here! Here are some family friendly happenings over the next couple of months.
CITY OF GOLD COAST SCHOOL HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES
Hundreds of fun, free and low cost school holiday activities are provided by the City of Gold Coast across the region so the kids can experience nature, explore parks, get active, check out libraries or visit a community centre. This year, the kids can experience stand-up paddle boarding, go on a kayak tour, walk on the wildside, try stop-motion animation, get involved in Lego engineering, participate in summer reading and more!
Community youth centres
City of Gold Coast’s Community Centres offer a range of activities over school holiday periods. All activities are free and designed for young people aged 12 to 17 years. Find out more
Let the kids go wild these school holidays. The NaturallyGC program connects kids with nature through free and low cost activities such as kayaking, bushwalks, nature play, coastal education and wildlife shows. This program is primarily for kids aged between 6 and 14 years. Find out more
Active & Healthy holiday program
Discover the great outdoors these school holidays so that your kids reap the benefits of unstructured playing, learning and being physically active in our many parks, beaches and natural playgrounds. There are hundreds of activities on offer these holidays for kids aged four to 18 years. This program includes activities from our NaturallyGC program and events at the Broadwater Parklands. Find out more
Participate in a range of creative “make it” themed activities these summer school holidays at our City Libraries. Programs are free and include stop-motion animation, digital design, sewing, decoration, Lego engineering, sculpture and STEAM activities, including boat building. Visit the Libraries’ online calendar of events. Find out more
CULTURE KIDS SUMMER PROGRAM AT THE ARTS CENTRE GOLD COAST
Looking for the perfect way to entertain your children during the January break? Look no further than the Culture Kids Summer program at The Arts Centre Gold Coast! Running between 9 and 22 January, Culture Kids offers a range of workshops, shows, free performances and activities the whole family can enjoy. Plan an entire day out with a variety of options for mornings, lunchtime and afternoons for children aged between 5 to 12 years. You can even take the hassle out of meal times by pre-ordering a kid friendly lunch box for your little one to enjoy.
- Ballet for both junior and senior artists with Queensland Ballet
- Vocal workshops with Rob Mills
- Screen Acting workshops for all ages presented by The Warehouse
- Contemporary and Hip Hop inspirational dance sessions with Jesus Elias Almenares, former principal dancer with the hugely successful Ballet Revolution
- From Brisbane to Broadway and back again, Cre8ion bring usFluff: A Story of Lost Toys, a sweet and amusing musical theatre piece for all the family
- Justine Clarke Sings! brings your favourite songs by this much-loved children’s singer and Play Schoolpresenter to life including Watermelon, Dinosaur Roar and all the hits from her album Great Big World
- International children’s superstarMister Maker & The Shapes will ‘make it!’ in a brilliant, fun and fast paced interactive show
- Corroboree – all children can experience the unique artistic features of Australia’s Indigenous culture in this drop in/out program
- Live music outdoors with the Terrace Stage Concerts
- Story Timeand Drama Games offer an interactive experience
- Escape the summer heat with a free screening of Trolls on Sat 14 Jan in the Arts Theatre and weekday Pixar Short Filmsin The Basement
- Robot Helmetsand Play Space – creative workshops
- Happy Birthday Play School: Celebrating 50 yearsexhibition