Arts in the Alley is a free, all-ages arts festival being held in Cavill Lane over eight days in March.
Arts in the Alley has been developed as a way to reconnect the fringe of the Gold Coast to the heart of the city, and will take place from 12 to 20 March 2021 from 1-8pm.
This debut arts event will showcase works from a unique collective of artists and performers, all coming together to celebrate with the community through a shared love of arts, culture, music and entertainment.
Cavill Lane in Surfers Paradise is playing host to Arts in the Alley, underscoring the importance of providing a central, public and free space for creatives and the community to come together and enjoy both the natural and human-made beauty that exists in our own backyard.
All while enjoying a variety of fabulous food and drinks, of course.
Local artist Anthony Pieters will be exhibiting his own unique blend of visual and performance art at the event, as well as giving away a piece of his artwork with a social media competition.
“I will be performing on Saturday 13 March throughout the night, creating several black and white drawings with music while dancing.” Anthony tells us.
“I am very excited about this local, community event where a variety of new to established artists are able to get involved in a collective event like Arts in the Alley. It is great to be a part of such an initiative in Surfers Paradise!”
The event will showcase 15 artist pop up shops and a range of exhibits, from original Aboriginal artwork to the human anatomy. If you’re looking for your next piece of artwork, there is almost certainly going to be something on site that catches your eye.
So head down to Cavill Lane from 12 to 20 March to explore the exhibits, art shops and entertainment, including paint and sip sessions, live muralists, DJ sets and much more.
For the full program details, visit cavilllane.com.au/whats-on/arts-in-the-alley/
If you are keen to explore some of the works prior to the event, here are the current exhibiting artists:
- Contemporary Australian Mixed-Media Painter, Debbie Schreiber instagram.com/debbieschreiberart
- Visual & Performance Artist, Anthony Pieters anthonypietersartist.com
- Abstract Painter, Joanne Russell privatearts.com.au
- Muralist, Smalls iwritesmalls.com
- Hand-crafted Jewellery, Crystal Embraces facebook.com/crystalembrace
- Original Aboriginal Artwork from Spirit of Australia Gallery spiritofaustraliagallery.com
- Abstract paintings by Art for Peace instagram.com/art_for_peace
- Original paintings and prints by Tervo Art instagram.com/@iamtervo
- Acrylic artist, Germ germ-artist.com
- Photographer, LJ instagram.com/the_backlots
- Mixed media artist, Taneal Teresa Art tanealteresaart.com
- Mixed media artist, Jenny Smillie jennysmillieart.com
- Australian Multidisciplinary Artist, Amanda Gorman amandagormanartist.com
- The Real Human Anatomy Exhibition, anatomy.org.au
- Contemporary Abstract Artist, Carleen Janlewicz, amplifyarts.com