Not only did we enjoy the plethora of kick-ass music at Falls Festival this year ( Yes! so much from Yungblud and Crooked Colours to Disclosure and Vampire Weekend) we made a list of the crowd’s penchant for the following.
- Twin Set Co – Ord’s outfits ( If you are loving a good pattern, We know you all are. Who does not love a pattern? Think avocado’s, watermelon slices, flamingo’s. )
- Coloured lenses ( Life is just better through rose coloured glasses )
- Statement Body Harnesses – think harness garters and chap style leathers. Apply and reapply that sunscreen people
- Coloured jumbo braid extensions – now that is the way to keep tidy camping festival hair
- Oversized Fishnets Tights – apply sunscreen before stepping in
- White Cowgirl ankle boots – throwback to the 70’s
- Fashionable coveralls
- Men in Unisex overalls in an array of colours
- Mesh over dresses
- Retro looks
- Bum Bags – All hail the bumbag
- A kaleidoscope of shades
- Doc Martins – so much yes to this
- Glitter – oh the glitter
Crowd standouts this year where without a doubt:
- The vertical shoulder stand. No not the Yoga type. Instead of sitting on anothers shoulders in a mosh, this was a whole other level of acrobatic skill. Feet on shoulders and balancing standing tall. Dudes and chicks doing it. Respect.
- The calls of the wild. Like an old fashioned Aussie Koo-Wee to find another person, but with a select animal sound for their specific groups.
All in all well played Falls Folk.
Images (C) Simone Gorman-Clark