If we were going to miss a birthday party on the water (sorry Karen) it needed to be an awesome day to compensate and this one didn’t disappoint. Final Falls day can be quite tense. So much tiredness. So many new friends to farewell. And still so much music to enjoy: LPX, Jack River, Juice WRLD (big things predicted here), Interpol all lighting up the intimate Forest Stage. Amy Shark, Vance Joy, CHVRCHES and Flight Facilities bringing their big game faces to the massive Valley Stage. Here are the things we are thankful for, looking back at another Falls.
Reasons to be Grateful: Final Day at Falls
- Thank you lifeguards for keeping everyone safe in the water park #busiestjobatfalls #bulkbuychlorine
- The easiest 10,000 daily step goal ever achieved.
- Toto – one of those acts you never thought you’d see. They are as amazed by their ‘return’ as any of us! But it was an utterly joyous mass karaoke to be part of. #blesstherains
- Bishop Briggs – there are no words for the effect that woman’s voice has. Pure life force and all good juju. Shout out to our son who was onto her well before she blew up. Well played.
- The very kind security guard who let me shortcut through the fence rather than fight my way across thousands of packed in masses at the Valley Stage #goodkarma
- That the bondage-attire theme wasn’t mandatory.
IMAGES (c) NJA Photography