Ahh how we love the awesome team at SWELL Sculpture Festival. Even while they’re facing the same uncertainty as the rest of the arts world, they’re still trying to help everyone out. Check out this fabulous message and list of resources they’ve compiled below for members of the arts community:
Here at SWELL Sculpture Festival, the health, well-being and safety of people is number one priority. We are carefully monitoring and adhering to the directions and advice of Queensland Health, the Australian Government Department of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO), and other relevant authorities.
Currently there is no indication that the delivery of SWELL Sculpture Festival 2020 will be affected. We are remaining hopeful and optimistic.
Our industry, like so many others, has been hit hard economically through this world health crisis, it is a very difficult time for everyone, we would like to support our artists and community as much as we can.
We will be sharing information on social media that we think might be of assistance and we have put together a list of links that artists and fellow arts workers may find helpful:
- Art in Times of Emergency, Resources for Australian Creative Practitioner written by Rebekah.the.editor
- Arts Queensland – Assistance for Arts Sector through COVID -19
- HOTA – Rage Against the Virus – Grant Opportunity
- ArtsHUB News
- COVID-19 Response from Flying Arts Alliance
- About COVID-19Australia Council for the Arts
- Australia Treasury Overview Economic Response to the Coronavirus
- Survey from NAVA – COVID-19
- Artstasker – Facebook page
Lets support and be kind to each other.
SWELL Sculpture Festival 2020 exhibition dates are 11 – 20 September 2020 at Currumbin Beach. Visit swellsculpture.com.au.
IMAGE: Superegg by artist Jaco Roeloffs at SWELL 2019 (C) PBR Images